- Components are of appropriate quality for the price despite being made in China
- Installation instructions are just OK
- Packaging protected the parts fairly well during shipping, but the Styrofoam packing broke apart in a few places
- Kayak hanging straps are made in USA, arrived separately, came with no instructions but are easy to figure out
- YouTube videos helped very little as they gloss over several important steps making it appear easier than it is in a real garage
- The instructions and packaging include pictures or drawings of several configurations, except not one with the hoist being used with the kayak straps that came separately
- Motor moves very fast, a bit too fast to safely raise & lower a large, long, heavy kayak or similar object
- Package contained extra parts that are not shown or referred to in the installation manual, such as the large flat coil spring?
Bottom Line: Recommended, but don't expect installation to be as easy as shown on YouTube.